Chocapic13’s Shaders Mod basically improves the lighting in Minecraft. With this mod, your Minecraft world will become amazingly beautiful and realistic. Besides lighting effect, the mod also adds several cool effects such as water reflection, waving leaves, waving flowers, shadow, lens effect and so on. Another bonus point for this mod, it mostly doesn’t have any lagging issue, if it does, the frequency might be much lower compared to other shaders.
While other shader mods usually change the mining animation and such things, with Chocapic13’s Shaders, everything looks the same just like how you normally mine in vanilla Minecraft. This shader mod maintains high quality and keeps all the animations unchanged at the same time. In my opinion, this is quite great.
As a matter of fact, Chocapic13’s Shaders Mod is actually a shader pack. It allow players a high level of control to the inner workings of the mod. You can easily open the .fsh and .vsh files by any text editor and make adjustments by yourself. If you are bored of the unattractive appearance of your vanilla Minecraft world, why not give this mod a try? Sure you won’t be disappointed!
Chocapic13’s Shaders Mod for Minecraft Changelogs:
- Various Bug Fixes
- Added beta version
How to install Chocapic13’s Shaders Mod?
For 1.8.8 and newer:
Shadermod is now included into Optifine, so install Optifine and go directly to step 5.
Older minecraft versions:
1. Be sure to have the latest drivers for your graphic card.
2. Download the GLSL Shaders mod by karyonix if it haven’t be done already
3. Install forge if you are using 1.7.2
*Optionnal but recommended : install Optifine
4. Copy ShadersModCore-….jar to %appdata%\.minecraft\mods folder for 1.7.2 and 1.7.10 OR use karyonix’s installer for 1.7.5 or 1.7.4
5. Launch minecraft, options->shaders->open shaderpack folder, and copy here the folders “V4-extreme,ultra…”
6. Launch a world, and choose which pack fit the best to your computer (into shaders options).
NB : The shadermod is not currently written in the mod list.
Credit: chocapic13 – Original thread on minecraftforum.net