As you may know, in vanilla Minecraft, getting a horse or its armors and saddles is not an easy job. Since you can’t make those stuff yourself, you have to find them in dungeons, fortresses, blacksmith chests, temple chests, etc, and pray for luck to get these items. Because when it comes down to random Minecraft chests you never know what you’ll get. But things are about to change now with the Craftable Horse Armour and Saddle Mod, or CHAS for short.
The CHAS mod basically allows you to craft the items which was earlier uncraftable, including horses, horse armours, saddles and name tags. This mod’s feature will definitely make your gaming a lot easier. No more wandering around finding chests, no more struggling to kill dungeon’s bosses, no more praying for luck, you just simply need to collect resources and craft. With the CHAS mod, taming and riding a horse will be so simple and straightforward, it all depends on you, not luck or anything else.
To make it less easy and more exciting, the mod also has a hardcore version which is much harder than the normal one. It’s kind of like an expansive version of the mod, with different recipes and items that need more resources to be crafted.
Craftable Horse Armour and Saddle Mod for Minecraft Changelogs:
- Crash Fix version
- Added compatibility with Mo’ Creatures Mod: If Mo’ Creatures is installed the saddle recipe will change
- Added language files and Spanish translation.
- IDs now are configurables
- Added config file
- Merged Normal version with the Hardcore
How to install Craftable Horse Armour and Saddle Mod?
- Download and run the latest version of Minecraft Forge
- Go to Start Menu > Type %appdata%/.minecraft/mods
- Download the mod
- Move the downloaded Jar (zip) file into the “mods” folder
- SKC Core v220.127.116.11
- Forge 18.104.22.1684 or higher
Credit: SackCastellon – Original thread on minecraftforum.net