“How does enchanting work in Minecraft? Well, you open a magical book and pick a random spell, not quite sure knowing what it will do. Magic!”. Enchantment has long been one the most essential parts of Minecraft. It brings the game a spooky yet intriguing sense and gives players the ability to improve their Steve’s capability in the coolest way ever. Due to this feature, there are many mods out there supporting this aspect of Minecraft. And one of them is the More Enchantments Mod.
More Enchantments Mod adds over 30 brand new enchantments which you can apply to various items in your game world. All the amazing things begin with a special book. In the mod, you might see a new enchanted book called ‘Cloud I’ which has been revamped from the old one to fit the new version of Minecraft. With this book, we can apply a huge number of cool enchantments to swords, armors, helmets, bows, pickaxes, etc. Believe me or not, the abilities those enchantments bring along will definitely blow you up with a whole lot of new and unique features.
1. Swiftness: gives the player speed 12.5% boost in walking/running speed per level.
2. Highjump: allows the player to jump 1 block higher per level (so long as they’re standing on a dry solid block).
3. Ice Step:
- Freeze water into ice as you walk over it.
- Freeze lava into obsidian as you walk over it (Minor fire damage can still be incurred if you move too quickly).
- Put out fires by jumping on them
- 1/5th of a change of negating fire/lava damage
- Grass and mycellium spread in seconds.
- Vines can grow faster than you can descend. Good for bungie jumping if you’ve got the guts!
- Other crops/netherwart & mushrooms in proximity grow at over 100 times their usual speed (provided lighting/conditions if favorable).
5.Night Vision: explains itself (the effect remains on until you take off the helmet)
OTHER ARMOUR ENCHANTMENTS
6. Antivenom: provides resistance to poisons and splash potions of damage.
Protects 1/2 heart per level every 2.5 seconds and stacks with each piece of armour equipped with this enchantment.
E.g. If you have AntiVenom 3 on a chestplate and antivenom 1 on your helmet: this renders you impervious to poison II
However any extra splash damage/poison damage and you’ll start losing hearts.
7. Durability: armour has a 50% chance of not reducing durability when taking damage. Kind of like the unbreaking counterpart, but more expensive.
DIGGING TOOL ENCHANTMENT
8. Haste: increased mining speed on pickaxes/shovels/axes. Stacks with efficiency arm swing increases each level.
- Creates a smokescreen, knocks opponents back.
- Does 1+1 heart per level
- Damage radius=3+
10. Sharpshooter: arrows you fully charge moves at double the speed, unaffected by gravity. Great for sniping from afar.
11. Homing: upgrade from SharpShooter
Two modes of fire:
- Tracker mode: Arrows you fully charged, home in on the surface point that you stare at (whether a block, or on a mob). Ignores transparent blocks.
(until you fire another arrow/deselect bow).
- Seeker mode (Hold crouch): Arrows home in on mobs you stare at (flying straight otherwise)
12. Splash Slowness:
- Creates a splash potion effect that slows down most monsters/players for upto 5 seconds.
- Decrease in speed=10%+10% per level;
- Use this enchantment carefully, if you’re caught in the radius, you’ll be slowed down by the maximum amount.
13. Splash Venom:
- Poisons target for upto 6 seconds.
- Level of poison= Level of enchantment
14. Quickdraw: 50% increase in bow charging speed per level
15. Leech: every 5 damage of hearts you do to foes, you gain 1 hunger point (or 1/2 a heart if the bar is full). Killing an enemy gives you 50% chance of gaining 1/2 heart back. Based on a perk beverage from Bastion.
16. Wisdom: -50% more XP on killing mobs per level.
17. Poison Aspect: poisons target for 7 seconds. Potion effect strength depends on enchantment level.
18. Lethargy: slows down most monsters (e.g. enderman/zombie pigman/slime/magma cube…) for 5.5 seconds. Potion effect strength depends on enchantment level.
19 Counter Parry:
- Advanced Counter Blocking: See below;
- Additional protection of about 1/2 heart per level when blocking.
- Reprogrammed in 1.3.1 to be more intuitive and make reflected arrows do more damage.
- Strikes partially bypass armour
- Minimum sword damage (ignoring armor)= Level/3* base sword damage
- Extra Damage: Level * 1/2 heart/
- Fling your opponents 5 blocks into the air.
- Stacks with counter parry.
CHEST PLATE ENCHANTMENTS
- Heals 1/2 heart every (11 seconds)/.
- Regen rate increases, when player is below 3.5 hearts – Suggested by Grubs (Paul)
23. Magnet: pulls items towards you. More levels = pulling from further away.
24. Photosynthesis : recovers hunger in sunlight
25. Knockback Resistance: explains itself
26. Heat: autosmelts as you mine
27. Aoe Effects: makes the effect and area bow spell
28. Cloud: slowfall in midair by holding jump.Press crouch to descend faster.Negates fall damageEffects are much more potent when stacked with feather fall.
How to install More Enchantments Mod?
- Download and run the latest version of Minecraft Forge
- Download and install Player API
- Go to Start Menu > Type %appdata%/.minecraft/mods
- Download the mod
- Move the downloaded Jar (zip) file into the “mods” folder
Credit: Lithial – Original thread on minecraftforum.net