What goes up must come down. The problem is that coming down results in either a pain in the ass or a horrible death. Especially when you jump off a plane/cliff/etc. And sadly enough, this rule is applied in Minecraft world as well. If only there were away to make you survive such lethal falls… Sure, there are armors with enchantments, but this method is so… mediocre, comparing to what you can actually do in Minecraft. That’s why a guy called crackedEgg (not sure if cracked egg or egg on crack) created this one interesting mod called Parachute Mod.
As a matter of fact, you will be able to craft a parachute. The item helps you avoid fatality by doing whatever a parachute does AND granting +3 Armor, but that’s not all about it. The best thing is that you can enjoy a wonderful view of the Minecraft world while hovering in the air, letting your Minecraft self go with the wind. Trust me, get the mod and start B.A.S.E. jumping, it’s a thrill you’ll always remember, at least in a Minecraft-ish way. Here are some footages for you to fest your eyes while installing your own Parachute.
CHANGELOGS (for MC 1.10)
– Fixed a bug causing falling damage when ditching the parachute from a location near the ground.
– Fixed inventory problems with the newest CB.
– Included source files in JAR.
HOW TO INSTALL THIS MOD:
– Make sure you have Minecraft Forge installed.
– Download the appropriate version of the mod using one of the links below.
– Copy + Paste the mod file into your Mods directory.
– Launch MC and #profit.
Source: crackedEgg | Minecraft Forum