Before we start, let me ask you this question: do you want your Minecraft to look like this?
If the answer is ‘Yes’, then Ted’s World Gen Mod is definitely the mod for you or more precisely, the mods or you. Why? It’s because ted80, the creator, created this mod in FOUR different styles: Realistic World, Fun World, Old World and Better World, which has unfortunately been discontinued after its 1.7.10 version, but that still leave us with 3 different choices. Now let’s get a closer look at each of this verieties.
This generator helps your Minecraft look and feel a lot more realistic: high mountains that takes a lot of effort to climb, rivers that actually flow into the ocean etc. You will have never felt so small in Minecraft. Ever.
a.k.a. Fairy Tale Gen. Not much description needed, this world generator takes playing God to the next level. For instance, you can create worlds with mesmerizing islands, some of which even float midair (which kinda reminds me of planet Pandora). Just install and enjoy the trip.
I find this one really hard to explain. It looks quite similar, but feels slightly different. That’s about it.
CHANGELOGS (for MC 1.8 and 1.7.10):
– New biome placement system added.
– Biome dictionary improved.
– Redwood test biome added.
HOW TO INSTALL THESE MODS:
– Make sure you have Minecraft Forge API installed.
– Download the mod(s) using the links below.
– Copy + Paste the mod file(s) into your Mods directory.
– Launch Minecraft and start creating a new world.
– Select the Realistic World Gen Alpha wordtype.
– Click on ‘Create New World’.
Source: ted80 | Minecraft Forum