Imagine one day you bump into a ton of diamond ores and have to spend hours mining all of them. It would be such a boring and tiresome job, wouldn’t it? To deal with this problem, we’re here to present you the Vein Miner Mod.
Vein Miner Mod basically enables you to mine all of the ores of a particular type in a vein at the same time just by mining only one random block in that vein. It’s a truly amazing mod and a massive time saver, especially for them lazy ass.
With the Vein Miner Mod, you can quickly destroy loads of particular blocks in a vast area and mine so much stuff at the same time. Moreover, after mining, the mod also automatically stores up all the resources in the inventory so that you needn’t waste time wandering around to gather them. It will save you a large amount of time and make mining in Minecraft way easier. Besides pickaxe, the mod also works on other tools in the game. You can configure it to work with shovels, axes and such things.
In this mod, there will be a configuration GUI which allows users to set the mode of the Vein Miner Mod. Go deep into it and you’ll see four different settings including ‘disabled’, ‘auto’, ‘sneak’ and ‘no sneak’. To make the mod work the way you want, be sure to put enough effort in the configuration and the parameter stuff. Hope you’ll enjoy!
To use Veinminer, you need to have Veinminer installed on the server (for single player games the client and the server are the same). You do not need to have Veinminer installed on the client, however it will provide reduced functionality to the clients that do not have it installed.
In order to get the most out of Veinminer, you should edit the VeinMiner.cfg config file. Add the ids of the blocks to the different block lists to that you wish to be able to mine using Veinminer. Add any tools that you want to be able to use to use with Veinminer. The IDs should be changed on the server.
The default config file has the vanilla ores added for the pickaxes, vanilla wood added for the vanilla axes and clay for the shovel.
VeinMiner has several modes, each of which determine when it is activated. Modes are specific to each player.
- ‘Disabled’: Don’t activate at all. This is the default if you don’t have the mod installed in the client.
- ‘Auto’: Activate when the keyboard shortcut (also called a keybind) is pressed in the client. The keyboard shortcut by default is ‘~`.
- ‘Sneak’: Activate while you are sneaking. This is the same option as provided by Connected Destruction. This is the default if you have the client.
- ‘No Sneak’: Activate while you are not sneaking.
The client setting in the config file allows you to choose what mode you go into when you join a game. To set the default mod to disabled, set the shortcut to an unused key. You can use the /veinminer command to change the mode that VeinMiner is in for you. This can be done with /veinminer mode where is one of ‘disable’, ‘auto’, ‘sneak’ or ‘no_sneak’. Using the default settings, an easy way to see VeinMiner working is to chop a tree (from vanilla) down using an axe (from vanilla).
Vein Miner Mod for Minecraft 1.10.2/1.9.4/1.8/1.7.10 Changelogs:
- Tools now work when they are part of multiple tools.
- Fix config file up.
- Stop spamming of “You are too hungry…” when not using Veinminer.
- Rename stuff in API. Breaks almost anything using API, including VeinMiner Mod support. (hint: there is an update to fix that)
- Add more tools: Shears and Hoe.
How to install Vein Miner Mod?
- Download and run the latest version of Minecraft Forge API
- Go to Start Menu > Type %appdata%/.minecraft/mods
- Download the mod
- Move the downloaded Jar (zip) file into the “mods” folder
Credit: portablejim – Original thread on minecraftforum.net