Xaero’s Minimap Mod for Minecraft 1.10/1.9.4 is exactly what it claims to be, a mod that gives players a detailed map with a bird’s eye view of their current location and their surroundings. It’s a thorough map which takes into account things like elevation levels and vegetation in the environment, and it also does a good job of delineating different biomes. When you’re standing in a desert right on the border of a swamp or in some other strange connecting point between two biomes, the map will show this and give you a better grasp of your surroundings.
In fact, Xaero’s Minimap Mod has various useful features, which makes it stands out from other map mods. Not every minimap gives you waypoints like Xaero’s Minimap, and not every minimap will show you approaching enemies, players like this mod will either. Until now, Xaero’s Minimap is the first Minecraft minimap mod ever that features a rotating square map. There are spherical displays that twist and turn to keep up with the player’s perspective in-game, but this is the first one to do it with a square map.
Thanks to its waypoint system, you will never get lost again when moving from one point to another. Hence, this map mod goes a bit further than many other mapping mods, which makes it one of the better ones hands down. If you enjoy exploring the world of Minecraft without not being scared of getting lost, I’m sure you are going to love this mod.
Xaero’s Minimap Mod for Minecraft 1.8 and 1.7.10 Changelogs
- Automatic update checker.
- The improved frame around the minimap.
- New key bind to quickly add a new waypoint. Set to “B” by default.
- Added an option to scale entity dots for larger resolutions.
- Added a new keybind which lets you toggle both in game and on-map waypoints.
- Bug fix: waypoints list crashing the game in The End dimension.
How to install Xaero’s Minimap Mod?
- Because this mod works with Minecraft Forge, you must download it and install it on your Minecraft.
- Download the mod jar file and do not extract the jar file!
- Go to “C:/Users/YOUR USER/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/mods” or to equivalent folder on other OS’ and put the jar file from the “Forge” folder in there.
- Now, just open Minecraft with Forge profile!
Download Links for Xaero’s Minimap Mod
For Minecraft 1.9.4 / 1.10
For Minecraft 1.9
For Minecraft 1.8.9
For Minecraft 1.7.10
Credit: xaero96 – Original Thread on Planet Minecraft