Zoom Mod allows you to, of course, zoom in and out. The way this mod works is quite similar to OptiFine. But as OptiFine hasn’t been updated for a long time, Zoom Mod can be a great alternative choice for your later version of Minecraft.
Viewing things from far away is normally taken as an insignificant act, yet the ability of seeing things from long distance is way more essential than you might think. It’s like you can not run miles to miles just to see what type an ore is, or travel over a mountain just to see something clearly. This mod really does help players out a lot, especially when it comes down to mining and such things. Given the ability to zoom in simply by pressing a single button, the Zoom Mod saves you a large amount of time wandering around and, thus, enhances your gaming for a better and more enjoyable Minecraft experience.
To adjust the Zoom key, you can go to “Option” > “Controls” and choose whatever key you want to. There are several ways to zoom in & out in Minecraft, but I guarantee using this mod is one of the best ways. So give it a try and enjoy!
Zoom Mod for Minecraft 1.8/1.7.10/1.7.2/1.6.4 Changelogs:
- Fixed framelimit option bug
- Item “zoom” in options.txt, default – 4.0
- Bugfix buttons (thanks Kochu)
How to install Zoom Mod?
- For 1.8:
Like standard 1.7.2 or use Installer
- For 1.7.10:
Install like 1.6.4
- For 1.7.2:
Use the official launcher to download.
– Go to the minecraft base folder (the official launchers shows it when you click “Edit Profile” as “Game Directory”)
– Go in subfolder “Versions”
– Rename the folder “1.7.2” to “1.7.2_zoom”
– Go in the subfolder “1.7.2_zoom”
– Rename “1.7.2.jar” to “1.7.2_zoom.jar”
– Rename “1.7.2.json” to “1.7.2_zoom.json”
– Open the file “1.7.2_zoom.json” with a text editor and replace “id”:”1.7.2″ with”id”:”1.7.2_zoom” and save the file
– Copy the files from the ZoomMod ZIP file in “1.7.2_zoom.jar” as usual and remove the META-INF folder from “1.7.2_zoom”.
– Start the official launcher
– Click “Edit Profile”
– Select “Use version:” -> “release 1.7.2_zoom”
– Click “Save Profile”
– Click “Play” or “Login” to start the game. If only “Play Offline” is available, then log out and log in again to fix it.
Credit: ga2mer – Original thread on minecraftforum.net